Saturday, March 14, 2009

If It's Sunday (or sometimes Saturday), It's Ask Snug!

NOTE: We apologize for missing last week's "Ask Snug" - we'll be answering two questions this week (today and tomorrow).

Dear Poet Snugstress, we were so moved by your poem on the back page of Pink Elephant Magazine, "I too Snug America," could you speak with us of your inspiration? -- A near Bard


(Photo credit: 007)

Dear near,
I am flattered that you have mistaken me for one of my favorite poets, Snugston Hughes. I am sure that "I too Snug America" was inspired by real events (I've included the poem below for everyone to enjoy).

********
I, too, snug America.


I am the smaller Boyle.
They make me drink from the bottle
When company comes,
But I laugh,
And eat well,
And grow strong.

Tomorrow,
I'll be at the table
When company comes.
Nobody'll dare
Say to me,
"Drink from the bottle,"
Then.

Besides,
They'll see how chubby I am
And be ashamed--

I, too, am a Boyle.
********

No comments:

Post a Comment